Facilities & Student Life
Our facilities on campus are really great & include:
- Reception and offices.
- Convenient sleeping units with bathrooms, hot and cold water, airconditioning.
- Study facilities.
- Internet connection, refrigeration space, microwave, kettle.
- Recreational hall (with games and tv).
- Weekly cleaning services, washing machines / tumble driers.
- Swimming pool, braai areas, parking, and sports fields.
- Secured access.
- Transport is provided to program activities.
- Daily lunch and supper included – students prepare own breakfast.
- Resident Head on campus.
We believe that healthy discipline forms part of the building of character. We have rules that are there to protect both the student and the institution. We recognise the individual’s freedom of choice, but believe that it needs to be balanced with the accompanying consequences and responsibilities. House inspections are done on a weekly basis, because tidiness (inside and outside), maintenance and pride in your environment are important to us.
Our program allows for a weekly Spiritual group meeting, attendance of which is voluntary. We also assist students who wish to be involved in a living church community.
Part of your daily existence and enjoyment will be the scenic beauty of the Kalahari sand dunes and taking in riverine forest trails of the green Orange River belt. Fun-filled activities include hiking, fishing, bird watching and game viewing (coming soon).
Students live on campus in suitable units, typically with two or more people sharing room. Separate accommodation is provided for male and female students.
You are responsible for your own meals when we do not have students or groups. When meals are provided from our kitchen, you will receive meals too. Your laundry will be done free on a weekly basis. You will be required to work weekends when on duty.