Duin in die Weg offers Learner Council camps for schools in the Northern Cape during the year. This can include Leadership identification and Leadership development camps.
The aim is not to replace the schools’ own leadership programs. It is to additionally equip newly elected young school leaders for their task. Together with other leaders, we want to further expose them to the realities and challenges of leadership in the school environment and life.
A MUST FOR YOUNG LEADERS!
We believe that attending the Learner Council Camp will benefit the school and young leaders, and therefore we urge you to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. We undertake that your school’s learner council will spend sufficient time with each other as a group, but that there will also be occasional interaction with other schools’ learner councils.
– Discussion about the Kalahari; Northern Cape; Green Kalahari; Orange River, nature conservation
– Other topics: Personal communication skills; public communication; meeting procedures; conflict management; personal development; leadership; time management; technology / social media; brain / IQ; happiness / joy; win the game of life
– Leadership lessons from Nature – with Treasure Hunt in the veld
– Leadership lessons from the Sports environment – with Obstacle course
– Leadership lessons from Inspiring people
– Leadership (teamwork) – with Potjiekos competition and Show & Song
– Teamwork: Games, Hiking and Canoeing
– Recreation: Slippy slide, swimming,….